Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Slacker

Ok, I'm sorry I have been slacking on the posting. The end of the school year is always chaotic. Miss Jordan is going to be in a play Thursday night. Super exciting. Something about fish I assume since is going to be a starfish. Oh and I found out she kissed a boy named Jareth at recess. And so it starts already. *sigh* Eric told her she isn't allowed to kiss boys and her reply was, "Only you Daddy?"

Emma is in the choir and has the opportunity to sing on the 4th of July with James Burton (Elvis' guitar player). She is very excited about that. She is definitely ready for school to be out for the summer. She is not really looking forward to 4th grade, although I think she is scared it will be too hard. She doesn't realize just how smart she is and I don't understand that.

Alexandra is doing well. They have a GEE test which is a general exit exam for high schoolers given in LA. Her counselor told us she probably would not pass this years since she was only here a month before it was given and they would let her take it again during the summer. Well that girl passed it anyway. GO ALEX!! Also we were informed that she is no longer eligible for the special ed program for her ADHD. She is testing too high. Which I have always thought that special ed was a crutch for her not to try. She scored the highest grade in the class on a Spanish test a couple of weeks ago. She is going to go to her moms for the month of July and I think the girls could use the separation honestly. While she is gone I am gonna let Emma stay in her room.

I am hoping to make a trip to Missouri to see my mom this summer. I really miss her. There are so many times I feel alone here. I love it in Shreveport, really I do. I just miss having her close. None of my close friends live near here and I miss them. I have a couple of friends here but the work so we don't get to hang out much. I have to find something to do about that.....


Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. GO ALEX! I'd say it's a blessing for her to be out of special ed...roy rode that crutch all throughout high school, they should of gotten him off it, but...never did. Did Jordan try out for the play or is it everyone in her class? I didn't know if that was something she is interested in, that'd be cool, gma'd be so proud to have another actor in the bunch. I don't remember 4th grade, but Emma, I'm sure you'll do a great job! I miss you all sooo much....I hope you can get out here, PLEASE!!! Emmaus needs some lovin from the family!!

    ReplyDelete